Education as Advocacy
free mental health, recovery and advocacy training to anyone who lives or works in Edinburgh and the Lothians.
All our training is developed and delivered by experienced facilitators who all have their own experience of mental health issues.
To apply for courses…see instructions at foot of page.
People Make Changes
An exciting, brand new, 2-day course
How have understandings of mental health issues changed?
- How have these changes come about?
- What will the future bring?
- What part can you play?
Over 2 days, we will look at the past, present and future of mental health issues, services and policies since the founding of the NHS.
We will draw on the rich history of collective advocacy in Lothian to learn from the past and look forward to the future.
Bring your curiosity, your experience and knowledge to share and learn.
Leave with a richer understanding of the parts we all can play to make better mental health a reality for us all.
Next course… Wed 23 and Thu 24 May 2018
10:30 – 16:00
at: LEARN, Floor K, Argyle House
3 Lady Lawson Street,
EDINBURGH EH3 9DR
To find out more, get in touch:
phone: 07910 021 537
Understanding Borderline Personality Disorder
NO COURSE DATES AT PRESENT…Subscribe to our mailing list (see foot of page) to receive news of future courses as soon as we publish it.
Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) is a programme of self-exploration that can help you take control of your own mental health and recovery.
Our workshops are based on the model developed under copyright in the USA by Mary Ellen Copeland.
Fiona and Andrew are Scottish Recovery Network Quality Accredited WRAP Facilitators and will support you in developing your own plan.
WRAP recognises that you are the expert in your own experience and there are no limits to recovery. It is based on 5 key concepts: hope, personal responsibility, support, self advocacy and education.
To register your interest in a course, please get in touch with Julie or Anne on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0791 002 1537
The details we need to know are your:
- Forename and Surname
- E Mail address (preferred) and/or telephone number
- Whether your request is for personal or work reasons
- Where you live/work (Edinburgh/Midlothian, West or East Lothian)
Please Note: Regrettably, we can’t always give places to everyone who registers an interest. We’d love to accommodate everyone but we have limited room. Don’t let this put you off though.
We would contact you, about a fortnight prior to a course start date, to let you know whether or not you’ve been given a place. We operate a waiting-list system. Very often, a cancelled place can become available at short notice, so it’s often worth being on the waiting list if your request hasn’t been successful at first.
- Please let us know if you have an access needs.
- All our venues are wheelchair accessible.
- We provide tea and coffee and all our sessions have regular breaks.
- Parking is very difficult in the area so you are strongly encouraged to use public transport if possible.
- Our minimum number of participants for each course is 6. If we are unable to meet this minimum we may have to cancel – we will let you know as soon as possible.
- If you can’t make it to a session or course, please let us know as soon as possible so we can offer a place to someone on the waiting list.
Subscribe to our mailing list