Where else can I receive Independent Advocacy?
AdvoCard provide independent individual and collective advocacy for people who use, or have used, mental health services in Edinburgh. AdvoCard have just started a new project providing advocacy services in Edinburgh prison.
332 Leith Walk
Edinburgh EH6 5BR
Tel: 0131 554 5307
EARS Advocacy Service
EARS Advocacy Service provide independent individual and collective (group) advocacy to older people – in West Lothian, East Lothian and Midlothian; adults (16+) with physical disabilities and/or acquired brain injury in – West Lothian and Midlothian. EARS have also just started a new project working with people of any age who have survived a stroke – this is a Lothianwide service.
Forecourt Business Centre
Edinburgh EH6 5PX
Tel: 0131 478 8866
Edinburgh Carers Council
The Edinburgh Carers Council provide independent individual and collective advocacy for carers supporting someone with mental health difficulties, a learning disability, dementia and/or acquired brain injury.
1-3 Canon Street
Edinburgh EH3 5HE
Tel: 0131 270 6087
MHAP (Mental Health and Advocacy Project)
MHAP provide independent individual andcollective advocacy for people with mental health issues in West Lothian. MHAP have just started a new project providing advocacy services in Addiewell prison.
Mental Health Resource Centre
Strathbrock Partnership Centre
189a West Main Street
Broxburn, West Lothian
Tel: 01506 857 230
Partners in Advocacy
Partners in Advocacy provide independent individual advocacy for adults with learning disabilities in Edinburgh, East Lothian and Midlothian. They also provide independent individual advocacy for older people and adults with physical disabilities in Edinburgh.
2nd Floor, Beaverhall House
27/5 Beaverhall Road
Tel: 0131 478 7723
People First (Scotland)
People First provide independent collective advocacy for people in Scotland with learning difficulties. They also provide collective and individual advocacy for parents with learning difficulties.
77-79 Easter Road
Edinburgh EH7 5PW
Tel: 0131 478 7707
Royal Edinburgh Hospital Patients’ Council
The Royal Edinburgh Hospital Patients’ Council provide independent collective advocacy for people who use, or have used, mental health services at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital.
Royal Edinburgh Hospital
Edinburgh EH10 5HF
Tel: 0131 537 6462
Who Cares? Scotland
Who Cares? Scotland provide independent individual and collective advocacy for children and young people across Lothian (up to 25) who have experience of being in care.
5 Oswald Street
Glasgow G1 4QR
Tel: 0141 226 4441
Other useful places for Information:
Edspace, Midspace & Eastspace are mental health and well-being information services for people living in Edinburgh, Midlothian & East Lothian. The sites enable people to find appropriate services, find ways to maintain mental health and well-being, and find out about news and events.
- chooselife Choose Life is a national strategy and action plan to prevent suicide in Scotland. The Choose Life website is an information and education resource.
- see me ‘See Me’ is Scotland’s national campaign to end the stigma and discrimination of mental ill-health.
- Mental Health Foundation This is a national (UK) website. It has been designed to provide information about the work of the Mental Health Foundation and about mental health issues. It has also been designed to act as a gateway to some of the other resources on mental health, both here in the UK and overseas.
- The Mental Welfare Commission for Scotland The Mental Welfare Commission for Scotland is an independent organisation working to safeguard the rights and welfare of everyone with a mental illness, learning disability or other mental disorder. The website provides information, advice and guidance to help make sure people being treated under the law get effective care and treatment.
- East Lothian Council: Worried about welfare reform? Rent arrears, changes to benefits, debt getting you down? We can help. For further information and to watch our mini-soaps (‘Debt Crisis’, ‘Fear of the Future’, ‘Downsizing’ and ‘Rent Arrears’ visit our You Tube channel.
- Information about independent advocacy in Lothians: http://www.advocacyinlothian.org/where-can-i-get-independent-advocacy/