Professional Contacts Privacy Notice
What is a professional contact?
We are using ‘professional contact’ to mean people (who work for organisations):
- that provide us with goods, services, funding and / or regulatory functions;
- with whom our advocacy partners are also involved;
- to whom our advocacy partners could be signposted;
- with whom CAPS is working to provide advocacy, training and / or education;
- enquiring about (professional) development opportunities.
Having information about our professional contacts is in our legitimate interests as it allows us to undertake numerous functions that enable us to operate as a SCIO & employer and to fulfil the purposes of the charity. We’ll often get information directly from our professional contacts but may also obtain it from their place of work or public sources. The information we hold will typically be their name, place of work, job title and contact details. Who the information will be seen by depends largely on the professional relationship involved, but in addition to CAPS staff may include Management Committee, members, volunteers, participants, advocacy partners, our auditors, funders, legal advisor and the wider public. The information will be typically only be kept for as long as we have a working relationship, although some records have specific retention periods – please ask the Finance & Administration Manager or Chief Executive Officer for a copy of our Schedule for Retaining Records for more details.
You have the following rights about your information:
- the right of access – e.g. to ask for a copy;
- the right to rectification – e.g. to ask us to correct mistakes;
- the right to restrict processing – e.g. to ask us to stop using it for a period of time if you think we are doing something wrong;
- the right to raise concerns with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you think we are doing something wrong. ICO website: ico.org.uk
You also have the right to object to processing and the right to erasure, but these are not absolute rights, and we can continue to use the information under certain circumstances.
You can speak to the Finance & Administration Manager or Chief Executive Officer about any of these rights, and for more details about how we manage information, please ask for our Data Protection policy.
CAPS Independent Advocacy
phone: 0131 273 5116 fax: 0131 273 5117
CAPS Independent Advocacy is a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation.
Scottish Charity Number: SC021772